Sunday 28 October 2012

WHAT IS LOVE?

LOVE LOVE LOVE
It's not hard to find someone who will TELL you that they love you. It's hard to find someone that
actually MEANS it. :)

Yesterday while i was putting clothes in the washing machine, i could hear ma grandma was watching family tv in ma bedroom- family tv,its a christian/ gospel channel- Joyce Meyer show was on. She is a charismatic christian author and speaker.
On this day, she was speaking about love. The one thing everyone wants and seeks in life.
She read a scripture from the Holy Bible; 1 corinthians 13:4-8 and it says:
love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self- seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protect, always trusts, always hope, always preseveres.
WOW....THIS IS WHAT LOVE IS!
It got me thinking whether i have or if i do any of those things; my answer is 50/50. The 3things i do not have or working on right now are patience, not easily angered and trust.
My patience level is very wanting; i just want things when i want them and if it doesn't happen i will be super pissed. However; i am really working on it. Its not something i can change over night but eventually i will do it. I have learn't "The longer you have to wait for something, the more you will appreciate it when it finally arrives."
NOT EASILY ANGERED! OOH LALAA. Where should i begin. I usually get angry almost instantly- i am sure your thinking thats normal too, so did i but its not.This is one thing someone i like noticed and kept mentioning it to me. I used to wonder what the hell is he talking about and with time i realised its very true. I was kinder like a ticking bomb waiting to exploid everytime someone says something i do not like; I explode into an angry rage. But anymore or rather its not as bad,I am working on it and i can say i am making tremedous improvement but Its not easy at all since i have to also change some of my beliefs. nevertheless In the end i am a better person for me, him and everyone!
Trust issues! Just by saying the words makes me feel uncomfortable. For me trusting someone isnt easy at all,especially if i like you ( I guess it from my past experience and as the saying goes once beaten, twice shy). There is a constant fear that someone will hurt me in one way or another and i cant bearing the thought of the pain and betrayal. However i have come to find out that there people who do deserve my trust and he is one of them.
He has hardly ever given me a reason not to trust him; and i not trusting him before was not to hurt him. I was just so scared of being hurt, i ended up hurting him and I. With time I have worked on my trust issues and i am still working on it.
And I TRUST HIM EVEN MORE THAN I DID BEFORE.
Looking back to how my day was yesterday its like God wanted me to be there at that time to hear what Joyce Meyer had to say since i wasn't really in the mood to do laundry and for this i am grateful to him since he has given me more reasons to work on my weaknesses.
For anyone who is reading this, kindly consider 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. It might answer why all your relationships have not worked out. It might answer why your current relationship isnt working. It might make you see love in a whole new perspective and lastly it also might make you believe in LOVE and give you HOPE.
cheers to you all. mob luv from MOI®

No comments:

Post a Comment